Most women will have concealer in their make-up bags. What with the dark circles, blemishes and generally uneven skin tone that seem to take over our faces, concealer is one of the most important beauty products we use. But, just because we all use it doesn’t mean we’re using it properly.
So I want to share with you some wonderful things that concealer can do for you!
1. Apply before foundation: Many people apply after, but I suggest applying beforehand. Getting problem areas (like blemishes or dark circles) evened up before applying foundation makes for a smoother result.
2. What green concealer means: Green concealers neutralise red zones on your face, like blemishes or red spots. Use green concealer to cover up angry red acne only... otherwise you look like Kermit the Frog!
3. What yellow concealer means: Yellow helps to even out skin tone overall, so use this on your face in areas that need equalising. Yellow is the safest concealer colour and works well for women who need basic concealing in general.
4. Go one shade lighter: When choosing a concealer, go about one shade lighter than your foundation. If you’re applying concealer to dark or red areas, using one shade lighter than the rest of your makeup will help to even out those tones.
5. Use it as a primer: Nothing helps your eye shadow stay in place more than a great primer, especially if you’re planning a long night or you’ve got eyelids that are more on the oily side to begin with. Because of concealer’s consistency, it works as a smooth, slip-free base for your eye shadow.
6. Use it to clean up excess makeup: How annoying can those little dots of mascara on your face! Dipping a cotton swab in a bit of concealer, you can clean up the area and covering it up at the same time. Genius!