I helped 2 teenage boys shop for a new wardrobe the other day and it was an AMAZING experience! This was not my typical shopping excursion, but i was ready and willing to take on the challenge!
Here are a few tips if you need to help your teenage boys shop for clothes:
1. Get them to do some homework prior to shopping - so get them to go onto PINTEREST and PIN any styles that they really like the look of. This really allows you to get inside their head and to start to understand what they want to look like, and for them to discover that they dont always have to be wearing a pair of shorts all year round!
2. Focus on ACCESSORIES first. You will find that once they find a pair of sneakers ( Old school Vans, converse high tops ) that they LOVE or a cap, back pack, glasses, chains bracelets or watches - then all of a sudden they will get excited about trying to wear that item with just about everything ! Its a personal branding excercise
Accessories are powerful, they instantly put a stamp on you and tell others who you are.
3. Get the basics first. eg: Jeans , joggers or trousers ( whatever style they prefer)then pair it with basic t-shirts. Add on a hoodie and a cool jacket (bomber, denim, puffer ) and your nearly there!
4. Don’t overdo LOGOS - as they will instantly looks too try hard and too brandy!
5. Personal grooming is EVERYTHING - no matter how great you look, if your teeth are grimy, you smell of B.O and your hair is greasy then it’s a waste of time! Get them interested (early as possible) on the importance of this!