Its too easy to get caught in a rut...but this is why i am here to help ease you out of the same old, same old. Ive noticed that there are many mature women who just arent wearing the right clothes and feeling confident. Heres some tips of how you can stop looking older than you really are;
1. Too much black Black is elegant and can make you look thinner, visually, but on the other hand, black will highlight your wrinkles and double chin. As we age, our skin looks pale when we’re wearing black, and if you don’t want to give up wearing this color, add a colored scarf or massive necklace to your neck. This way, you’ll light up your face. But you could change black with neutral colors like beige, gray or ivory. Break the black up!
2. Clothes that don’t look like they should on your body It’s the most common mistake mature women are making. They choose wearing loose clothes to hide extra weight, but they don’t realize that the effect is on the contrary: they actually add some extra weight and a few years on their look. Invest in clothes that are tailored and you will instantly look fresher !
3.Skirt length Most of you have amazing lower legs and you are not showing them off to your advantage! Dont smother them in a 3/4 skirt and flat shoes. This adds 30yrs and a new level of 'frumpy' to your wardrobe. If your not as confident with a skirt - buy some beautiful kneww high boots and wear these with the skirt, it creates a wonderfully, sophisticated Silhouette.
4.Décolleté Stop hiding it with scarves or blouses. Show your sternum to the world because it will elongate visually your neck, and it will light up your face. Wear V-neck blouses, shirts or round neck shirts, because they will make you look wonderful.
5. Wrong size bra Weight, hormones and body shape, everything has changed over years, but the bra is still the same. Wrong! You should check the size of your bra, and buy a new bra every year. Your underwear is the foundation for your clothes.
4. Change your glasses Because the first place people look - is your eyes... choose to wear a pair that suits your face shape, are feminine, colorful, everything that looks great on your face and gives you a fresh, fashion forward feel!
5. Clothes too sexy or too trendy …because “nothing ages a woman more than the effort to look younger than she really is”, said Coco Chanel. And she is perfectly right. After 30 years you should ditch short skirts, because it’s a lack of good taste and you’ll look vulgar. Also, neon shirts, studded sneakers, cartoon print jackets, school bags, choker necklaces, all these are for teenagers or fashionistas. And if are trying to adopt this trend you’ll look absolutely ridiculous. So, stick to every clothing item that emphasizes your body shape.
6. Sassy new hairstyle Its time...be brave and get something a little more modern and different to waht you have always done! It may be a colour change..( please no blue, bright red or pink colours) or have a beautiful new style Cut In to your hair!
At the end of the day- you shall feel confident and proud of you when you look in the mirror, enjoy yourself and your body.
Tags: mature mistakes
looking old before your time