Its one of the biggest fashion trends this year - the pleated skirt. Now, I realize that pleated skirts can seem intimidating to wear, as well as a little too preppy, professional, and maybe even old-fashioned.
The thing is, though, there are actually tons of ways to wear pleated skirts, and most of these are really fun and cool outfit ideas instead of something that will remind you of your grandma. Once you find the pleated skirt that is best for you – whether it’s tiny pleats or larger ones, a midi length or a more mini length, a bright color or something more classic – you can do a lot with it that will make you look amazing and extremely cool and fashion forward.
Here are some tips:
1. A pleated skirt can very easliy look too dressed up! So throw on a plain T.Shirt, a statement knecklace, heels and a really cool bag and voila`!
2. Feeling the cold? No problem - pop a fine knit sweater ( tuck it in) and add a thin belt to finish the look.
3. Looking really feminine may feel a little uncomfortable and so by adding a fitted leather jacket, ankle boots anad a bun will instantly add an edgy/ tough feel to this style.
4.Pleated skirts instantly give off a pretty, whimsical feel and so by keeping it simple in the summer with a loose tank top and some cool falt sandals - your look will look effortlessly calm, cool and collected.
5.Why not try wearing a blue chambray shirt tucked in or add that denim jacket to give it a more casual yet 'finished' look.
6. For work - add a fitted jacket, simple top and some fabulous shoes!
7. Lastly - add a pair of your favorite sneekers with your skirt for a more relaxed weekend style.
Warnings: Make sure you get the right length for your legs. Always end on the smallest part of the knee OR when its midi length pop on a pair of heels to give the illusion of having very long legs!
You may also find support underwear very useful under these skirts - they can give a fuller look to your hips, tummy and so you need to create a smooth foundation.wink wink!